- 2 salmon filets (each filet 3 oz)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- ½ cup of raw pistachios, chopped finely
- 1 pinch of Sea salt and sprinkle pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Rinsethe salmon and pat dry. Place salmon filets on a silicone baking sheet on a baking pan. Season with a pinch of sea salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine minced garlic, olive oil, dijon mustard, lemon juice, honey/maple syrup. Spread half of this mixture on the salmon filets.
- Chop pistachios and add to the remaining mixture. Stir to combine. Pour the remaining mixture on top of salmon filets.
- Bake for around 15 minutes until the salmon is flaky. Remove from the oven, and serve with a fresh raw salad and cooked vegetables. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2
- Total Prep & Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Parchment paper
- Small mixing bowl
Per Recipe (serves 2)
- Total calories 614 kcal
- Carbohydrates 30 g
- Fiber 3 g
- Sugar 20 g
- Fat 31 g
- Protein 52 g
- Total calories 307 kcal
- Carbohydrates 15 g
- Sugar 10 g
- Fat 15 g
- Protein 26 g
Recommend wild caught versus farm raised. Evidence suggests that the omega-3 fatty acids from fish have several health benefits including their impact on anti- anti-inflammatory pathways and reduction in cardiovascular risk. Great ways to prepare salmon include the air fryer, baking in the oven, or on a pan with a variety of seasonings and herbs.
Compared to other nuts, pistachios have a lower fat and caloric content and contain the highest levels of unsaturated fatty acids, potassium, γ-tocopherol, phytosterols, and xanthophyll carotenoids. Studies suggest that these substances exert antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
Yakubu A, Azlan A, Loh SP, Md Noor S. Can Yellow Stripe Scad Compete with Salmon on Its Role in Platelet Phospholipid Membrane and Its Cardiovascular Benefits? J Obes. 2019 Jul 1;2019:4929131. doi: 10.1155/2019/4929131. PMID: 31354987; PMCID: PMC6636454.
Terzo S, Baldassano S, Caldara GF, Ferrantelli V, Lo Dico G, Mulè F, Amato A. Health benefits of pistachios consumption. Nat Prod Res. 2019 Mar;33(5):715-726. doi: 10.1080/14786419.2017.1408093. Epub 2017 Dec 15. PMID: 29241364.